Saturday, September 13, 2008

Self-Discovery

It's Ramadhan. A month in which you have to be patient through hunger, anger and any other things that had or will happen to you. Well, earlier today, God decided to test me out.

It was a hectic day; Ikebana, being a make-up artist, going through meetings. One of my family members provoked me today, saying mean things behind my back. After hearing all these things from my siblings, I was keeping all the anger inside but slipped out a few nasty words about this said family member. My elder brother was there with his wife and cute little Fian. Abg.Fir saw me being furious and immediately stroke my back and started 'nooging' my head jokingly. Instead of me firing things about this back-stabber, I was, instead, having fun for what he did to me and in the end we wrestled.

The wrestling thing was only for a few minutes, we stopped for a while to rest. But my fury was still in me after hearing the betrayal. Abg.Fir came to the rescue again by giving me his open arms with that smile on his face. I admit that I couldn't resist and hugged him back.

It felt good. It felt extremely good! I just found out that a hug could make me feel so calm from all the things that had happened. And from there, I realized how much I love my brothers more than I am to my sisters. I have always looked up to Abg.Fir as my role model.

I sometimes wish that I could have a great, role-modeled elder sister to look up to instead so she could understand my feminity. But I'm truly blessed for having such great brothers.

Ah, the bliss of brotherly love.

So, the self-discovery:
'If I rant, hug me'

Hehe. Seriously, I feel way better after that.

Loves, Fae/Vie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm coming home next week for 2 weeks.

Gimme your address. I wanna send you a self-made postcard. ASAP. On my gmail, not hotmail.

RiotFaerie said...

Hey,

It's good to know that you're coming back... and not correcting my grammar. Believe me, I tried to make them grammatically correct. (Is that correct? >.< Urrgh, I'm grammar conscious now 'cos of you)

I've sent you my address already.