Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Updates or December '08

The Reading Updates:

Currently I'm reading Teah's books 'cos I feel that I should really catch up with literature. And, Teah, THANK YOU!!! I fell in love with John Green instantly! I love reading 'Looking for Alaska' (although, the ending was kinda... uh... plain? No offense, it's still a good book). Reading that book makes me laugh and cry (literally! I cried!!). Now I'm looking forward to reading 'An Abundance of Katherines'. I already love the storyline. Hope I could finish them up. XD

The Activity Update:

Well, other than reading John Green books (I'm SO getting Paper Towns when I'm away), current events with BJFA-UBD is still on. The upcoming event is the coolest and it will keep me busy since I started working but I won't stop attending and helping out with this event. It's Japanese Pop Culture Week, which held in March. The cool part is that I (with some other members) am in-charge with the Cosplay booth (cosplay; costume + play = cosplay, to dress and play the role of a character from anime, books, manga, games, etc). There are several categories of cosplay in this event:

- Maid
- Anime
- High School
- Ninja, as Naruto...
- Modern Fashion
- Kendo Girls from Bamboo Blade (hence Anime)
- Akihabara (Japanese geeks. My president came up with this. XS)

I'm dressing as four of the following categories; Maid, Anime/High School (I'm combining as both), Anime, Modern Fashion.

Maid
I'm gonna buy that myself (because too many ruffles, too fussy to make for a beginner like myself). Maybe dressing as Gothic Lolita Maid.

Anime/High School
My friend and I (June) became partners for this cosplay. We're dressing up as our own character from the game 'Kingdom Hearts 2' in High School form. I'm gonna make the skirt myself but I can look for the shirt elsewhere (since it's the end of the year, it's easier to find. XD)

Anime
I'm dressing up as my own design of Red Riding Hood. But I changed the name to 'Red Riot Hood'. This shows designs that I have came up with which is also partly cosplay (because I create the designs and sew them myself)


'Red Riot Hood'

I have made the hood with June 2 years ago, so I'm gonna use that. All I need to find is the right fabric and color and also those boots (so comfy that I thought they're sneakers. XD)

Modern Fashion
Also known as Harajuku. This is, by far, the easiest that I can get. It's all about 'Mix 'n' Match' in your closet. XD

So, I'm starting to learn how to sew clothes. I have taken a lot of tutorials and researched for a while now. So... all I need is my salary (which is not out yet since I started working... >A<)


The Random Update:

A certain someone was so kind to me that he bought me: LINKIN PARK'S ROAD TO REVOLUTION CD/DVD!!! I was so hyped up! He even got me a poster of the guys. I'm so HAPPY! (And still a dork).


The usual gist of me taking pictures with LP's CD. XD


LOL! Being my dorky lover self. XD


Oh, I found out where I'm going soon this 24th til 26th... I'm off to Singapore. YAY!! I've never been there and never flew anywhere. So it's going to be my first time. Hehe.

Laters,
Vie/Fae

7 comments:

megat said...

good moning teacher

RiotFaerie said...

Morning Megat...

Unknown said...

WHY ARE YOU IN SINGAPORE WHEN I'M NOT THERE?!?!?!?!?!
Who are you going with? Paper Towns is there. Come see me before you go so I can hand you my Borders discount card so you can get books for a cheaper price (seriously, my Borders discount card is worth getting before you go. You've no idea how much you can save money with it! GET IT!)

Give me my books back soon too...

RiotFaerie said...

I'm sorry. It was unexpected. I'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRY
I'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRY!!

Although, I think I shall get that card of yours before I leave. My last day is on Weds, so I'm coming over on Tues afternoon. I'll hand you 'Looking for Alaska'. While the rest... hehe. Still pending...

Any idea the location of the bookstore? Name's Border, is it?

Unknown said...

I WILL TELL YOU DETAILS WHEN I SEE YOU!!

Revive photography said...

wow, there alot of update and i just want to wish u gd luck with yr cosplay since u been wanting to do dat for a lot long. now u got the chance so have fun,k?

As for Singapore, have a nice trip and take care wen ur there...

RiotFaerie said...

Haha. I hope it turns out well because the others planning to let the pro sew it. I fear mine will turn out ghastly. XD

As for Singaland... WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Hehe. I'll try my best to take care..